We support rolling income tax conformity.
Rolling income tax conformity should be the law in Virginia.
It will eliminate headaches and uncertainty for taxpayers, tax preparers, and the Virginia government. Read our whitepaper, "Rolling Tax Conformity: A Better Option for Virginia," to find out why.
Rolling tax conformity toolkit
- Whitepaper: "Rolling tax conformity: A better option for Virginia" (PDF). Revised October 2022.
- Rolling tax conformity talking points (DOCX)
- Rolling tax conformity PowerPoint template (PPT)
- VSCPA sponsored article in Virginia Business magazine: Why this confusing-sounding tax term deserves your attention September 2022
- Youngkin signs bill to conform tax code Virginia Business, Feb. 24, 2022
- Fixed-date tax conformity is a go for 2022 Feb. 23, 2022
- House panel approves retroactive tax break for business, but budget battle looms Jan. 27, 2021
- Tax conformity bills filed by 2022 Virginia General Assembly Jan. 14, 2022
- Virginia conformity bill could face pushback from business community Tax Analysts, Jan. 10, 2021
- "Tax cuts: Does Virginia assembly wait for study or move first?" Richmond Times-Dispatch, Dec. 6, 2021
How you can help
We can't get rolling conformity passed without you! Here are ways you can get involved.
- VoterVoice: Send a letter to your reps.
- Share conformity info with your colleagues. Download our talking points and give presentations to staff about why rolling conformity is best for CPAs and Virginia!
- Donate to the PAC: Support legislators who support conformity.
- Write op/eds for newspapers: Contact us for help!
Contact our team
The VSCPA Advocacy Team is available any time to help VSCPA members navigate legislative and regulatory issues, assist policymakers and legislators with any CPA-related questions, and more. Contact VSCPA Vice President, Advocacy Emily Walker, CAE, at (804) 612-9428.