The VSCPA will email your attendance verification three weeks after the event. It is your responsibility to maintain a current email address with the VSCPA. If you do not have an email address, the VSCPA will mail your attendance verification to you.
Conference verifications of attendance will be given to you when you check-in for your conference. In order for you to receive CPE credit, the signed conference verification of attendance form must be completed and submitted to the conference administrator at the conclusion of the program.
Cancellation of a Program by the VSCPA
All registrations should be received by the VSCPA at least 10 business days before the program. If a sufficient number of registrations have not been received by that time, the course may be cancelled. If this occurs, the VSCPA will issue a full refund for those registered for the course. You may elect to have your refund moved to money on account; however, all money on account not used within 6 months will be refunded.
As a professional courtesy, please silence your cell phone while attending any VSCPA program.
Children, Pets and Non-Registered Guests
Children, pets and non-registered guests are not allowed at seminars or conferences. In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, service animals are allowed for visually or physically challenged registrants.
An email confirmation is sent to all participants registered for a program, assuming registration is received in time to do so. You will receive your confirmation after the VSCPA has received your registration and processed payment.
If you do not receive an email confirmation after registration and payment is approved, contact us at (800) 733-8272. If you register late, please call to confirm your registration.
VSCPA member discount on seminars/simulcasts
The VSCPA member discount is available to all members of the VSCPA or any other state CPA society. This discount entitles members to take $125 off all 8-hour seminars and $50 of all 4-hour seminars. Members of the AICPA who are not members of a state CPA society are NOT entitled to the member discount and should pay the regular course fee as published.
Up to $225 off VSCPA conferences
VSCPA members can take $100 off 8-hour conferences and $225 off 16-hour conferences. Members of the AICPA who are not members of a state CPA society are NOT entitled to the member discount and should pay the regular conference fee as published.
$75 early registration discount
All seminar registrations received at least 30 days prior to the event date will receive a $75 discount per 8 hours. Seminars less than 8 hours do not receive the early registration discount.
Multiple Registration Discount on Seminars
Register before Oct. 1, 2021 for three or more seminars (must register at the same time for all courses), and receive $25 off each seminar. This discount is only applicable to 8-, 16- and 24-hour seminars. You can save at least $75.
- Multiple Registration Discount on Conferences When you register four or more people from the same company at the same time for the same VSCPA conference (excluding the Accounting & Auditing Conference), take $25 off per person. You will save at least $100.
- $30 AICPA member discount on designated programs
The AICPA logo is used throughout marketing materials to denote AICPA-sponsored events. AICPA members who register for an AICPA/VSCPA-sponsored program will receive a $30 discount on the lowest applicable course fee. This discount may be used in conjunction with other VSCPA registration discounts; however, you cannot combine two 4-hour AICPA programs to earn the discount. This discount is available until the date of the course and cannot be applied retroactively. Also, please note that 4-hour events and staff training events do not apply for the discount. AICPA/VSCPA-sponsored programs are identified in all marketing pieces.
Distribution of Course Materials
Materials prepared by a vendor or the VSCPA are designed specifically for use during the program and are available only to participants attending the program. Printed materials are ordered seven days prior to each course. Materials, or portions thereof, are not otherwise available for sale to individuals or educational institutions and may not be reproduced in any way. Registrants who choose printed materials for a course will receive materials on the morning of the course.
Attire is business casual. Participants may want to wear layered clothing to allow for comfort throughout the day, as the temperature in the meeting room can fluctuate.
The VSCPA is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants of meetings, events and online communities. VSCPA events and communities aim to be inclusive for all, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion or religious belief, political affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status and any other distinguishing characteristic or reason not related to merit.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, VSCPA staff members, service providers and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. It applies to all VSCPA activities, including those sponsored by organizations other than VSCPA but held in conjunction with VSCPA events, on public or private platforms. Inappropriate conduct including discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated during any VSCPA meeting, event or online community. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form, including epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating or hostile acts; denigrating jokes and display or circulation of written or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group.
- Abusive or profane language toward any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, VSCPA staff member, service provider and/or other meeting guest (e.g. avoid inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, politics, national origin)
- Inappropriate usage of harmful or prejudicial visuals and images (e.g. nudity and/or sexual images in public forums, spaces or in presentations are unacceptable)
- Rude or disruptive actions during presentations during meetings and events. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any VSCPA virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services without prior approval from the VSCPA.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space or record any breakout discussions without full consent.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm or any illegal activity.
VSCPA reserves the right to take any corrective action deemed necessary and appropriate, including muting an attendee’s audio, deleting inappropriate comments or visuals and/or immediate removal from the event, meeting or online community without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. VSCPA also reserves the right to prohibit participation in any future meeting, event or online community.
If you experience harassment or wish to report any incidents of inappropriate conduct to the VSCPA, contact our President & CEO or Chair of the Board of Directors.
If the weather warrants any concern for your travel safety, or if you wish to verify that your course will be held as scheduled, please call the VSCPA Education Team at (800) 733-8272 or visit the Inclement Weather Update page for the latest updates. You will have the option of attending the event when (or if) it is rescheduled or registering for another event at the time of cancellation.
If the event is rescheduled due to inclement weather and you are unable to attend the rescheduled event or another event, the VSCPA will issue a full refund.
If the event has not been cancelled and you are unable to travel due to inclement weather, you must notify the VSCPA within 24 hours of the scheduled event. Cancellations will not be accepted after the event. Rather, the VSCPA will issue a credit that may be used toward another scheduled event within one year of the original event date.
Please note: If you do not attend the event or fail to call the VSCPA on the day of the event, you will forfeit your entire fee.
Food and Beverage Information
In complying with the IRS ruling effective Jan. 1, 1989, the VSCPA does not state food and beverage costs separately for each seminar. For tax purposes, the average per person food and beverage cost is $25 for each CPE seminar day.
Please note: Lunch is not included with a 4-hour seminar. Lunch is included if you attend 2 back-to-back 4-hour seminars.
By attending any VSCPA event, you give the VSCPA permission to use your name, video, audio and photographic likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade and any other lawful purposes. You waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. You hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless the photographer or videographer, legal representatives and assigns, and all persons acting under his/her permission or authority or those for whom he/she is acting, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without any limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
The VSCPA issues refunds via check within 30 days of the cancellation minus the processing fee. Please reference the transfers, cancellation and substitutions sections for more details.
The VSCPA is not liable for losses incurred through cancellations or changes in air or hotel reservations for whatever reason, including cancellation of programs. The VSCPA recommends postponing air travel arrangements until sufficient registrations are received to ensure the program will be held as scheduled.
All VSCPA events are non-smoking, whether they are held at either CPA Center or off-site.
The VSCPA strives to make all facilities accessible to everyone. If you have any specific needs, please contact the VSCPA Education Team at (800) 733-8272 at least two weeks before the event. Please note that lunches can be prepared to accommodate special medical diets with 48 hours' advance notice and hearing impaired individuals can contact us through the Virginia Relay Center.
Transfers, Cancellations and Substitutions
We accept transfers and cancellations by phone. If you do not notify the VSCPA of your transfer/cancellation before 5 p.m. four business days prior to the event, you will forfeit your entire registration fee. The following schedule and options are in effect:
14 (or more) business days before the program:
- Send a substitute in your place *
- Transfer the full balance to another event registration**
- Receive a refund. You may elect to have your refund moved to money on account; however, all money on account not used by Jan. 31 will be refunded.*** Balances held on account for more than 6 months may be refunded earlier than Dec. 31 as deemed appropriate.
- Transfer the balance to the appropriate account (person or firm) to be held for future VSCPA purchases**
4–13 business days before the program:
- Send a substitute in your place *
- Transfer the full balance to another event registration, minus a $50 processing fee per 8 hours of CPE**
- Receive a refund, minus a $50 processing fee per 8 hours of CPE. You may elect to have your refund moved to money on account; however, all money on account not used by Jan. 31 will be refunded.*** Balances held on account for more than 6 months may be refunded earlier than Dec. 31 as deemed appropriate.
- Transfer the balance to the appropriate account (person or firm), minus a $50 processing fee per 8 hours of CPE, to be held for future VSCPA purchases** (There is no processing fee for transferring a balance from the Virginia-Specific Ethics Course)
3 (or less) business days before the program:
- No cancellations but you may send a substitute in your place *
- Transfer the full balance from any Virginia-Specific Ethics Course to another ethics event offered by VSCPA
* If you are a member, but your substitute is a nonmember, then your substitute must pay the difference between the member and nonmember fee. If you are a nonmember, but your substitute is a member, then your account will be credited the difference.
** Any balance after a transfer or cancellation must be used towards future VSCPA purchases.
*** If you paid with a personal credit card, the money on account will be applied to your personal VSCPA account; however, if you paid with a firm credit card, the money on account will be applied to your firm's account. Balances held on account for more than 6 months may be refunded earlier than Dec. 31 as deemed appropriate.
On-Demand Refund Policy: VSCPA will refund your course fee if you have registered for a on-demand course and found it unsatisfactory, provided that you have not taken the Final Test and your refund request is submitted, within 30 days of registering for the course, by email addressed to [email protected] or by calling (800) 733-8272. It is assumed that after 30 days, you are satisfied with the materials and service.
All sales are final for courses purchased as a package. No refunds will be given after purchase.
The information and suggestions presented at the seminars, conferences and other programs sponsored by the VSCPA are subject to constant change and should serve only as a foundation for further investigation and study. Any forms presented at such seminars, conferences or programs are samples only and are not necessarily authoritative. All information, procedures and forms contained or used in such seminars, conferences or other programs should be very carefully reviewed and should serve only as a guide for use in specific situations. The opinions expressed by discussion leaders and discussion panelists are their own and are not necessarily those of the VSCPA.
Although every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information in the VSCPA course catalog, courses, discussion leaders, dates, fees and facilities are subject to change at any time.