Webinars, Simulcasts, & Webcasts
Stay on top of major issues affecting CPAs by participating in interactive webinars, simulcasts and webcasts produced by the VSCPA.
- Webinars — Live presentations including streaming audio. These include our popular Tax Series and members-only webinars.
- Simulcasts — Live broadcasts of group-study seminars or conferences including streaming audio and video.
- Ethics Webcasts — Complete the Virginia-Specific ethics requirement by watching a recording of an instructor-led seminar including participation from a live audience of CPAs. You will be able to engage with other online participants through the CHAT feature and submit content-related questions to the course authors.
Group Options — Gather your colleagues and watch a VSCPA-produced webinar, simulcast or webcast together! All you have to do is let us know how many people will be viewing the course and we'll provide you with an attendance verification process. We'll send a CPE certificate to each person who attends the course. Contact VSCPA Employer Outreach Specialist, Janie Medley, at [email protected] or (800) 733-8272 to enroll your group.
To find and register for upcoming individual webinars and webcasts produced by one of our vendor partners, visit the CPE Catalog and select Online as the Format filter or select a link below.
- ACPEN — Accounting Continuing Professional Education Network is the largest provider of streaming video webinars for continuing education for CPAs in the U.S. Because of the wide variety of continuing education courses and CPE conferences they offer, ACPEN programs not only provide CPE for accountants, but also top notch continuing education for non-accounting finance professionals and CPE for enrolled agents. You will find many eight-hour webcasts available in the VSCPA online catalog from ACPEN, so if you're looking for a full-day webcast, this should be your first stop.
- AICPA — The VSCPA is pleased to partner with the AICPA to bring you timely learning and development opportunities. The AICPA supports statewide efforts by sharing a portion of AICPA registration fees collected through the VSCPA website. There’s no additional cost to you and the revenue helps to support VSCPA membership programs. Utilizing streaming audio and video, AICPA webcasts are a terrific way to stay informed on the critical issues affecting CPAs and senior financial executives.
- CPA Crossings — CPA Crossings, LLC provides an extensive catalog of live web-based CPE programs including more than 65 topics in the areas of technology, practice management, workflow automation, tax, ethics, fraud and accounting/auditing.
- Dale Carnegie — Through virtual classroom training from Dale Carnegie, you’ll find a selection of courses to help address the specific needs for your role. Four tracks are available for staff, senior staff, managers and executives. You’ll receive expert coaching, peer collaboration and levels of interaction never before possible online. Along the way you’ll also earn certificates and digital badges.
- Surgent McCoy — Surgent’s Live CPE webinars and webcasts include hundreds of top-rated 2-, 4-, and 8-hour webinars and webcasts in all the topics you need. Convenient daily offerings, plus evening and weekend options—at times that work for all time zones.
- Unlimited Webinar Package — If you want unlimited access to more than 1200 of Surgent's live webinars in hundreds of topic areas, choose this option. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 40% off Surgent’s retail price!
- See below for On-Demand packages
*Partner-produced webinars will not be accessible through the VSCPA My CPE webpage. Separate access instructions will be emailed by each vendor. Certificates earned from courses provided by vendors must be manually entered into the VBOA's CPE tracking system.
As an on-demand participant, you'll enjoy the freedom to take courses anytime, wherever you have internet access. You'll also benefit from downloadable course materials, instantly graded exams and easy CPE credit tracking.
Disclosures Self-Assessments — Earn 1 CPE credit by completing a 10-question test based on the articles published in the corresponding issue of Disclosures magazine. Upon successful completion, you will be able to download a certificate for your records. (*Disclosures Self-Assessment has been discontinued as of May 2019)
Ethics On-Demand — Complete the Virginia-Specific ethics requirement at your own pace, wherever you have Internet access.
Galasso Learning Solutions — Led by popular speaker Melisa Galasso, CPA, CGMA, these practical, interactive, on-demand webinars deliver exceptional return on investment by leaving every participant with actionable takeaways and clear means to apply what was learned. These offerings are constantly updated to keep pace with the needs of CPAs and a dynamic regulatory environment.
- The New AICPA Auditor's Report (1 CPE credit)
Peters Professional Education — David Peters, CPA, provides high quality continuing education courses to financial professionals across several industries, including insurance, financial planning, and accounting.
To find and register for individual on-demand courses produced by our vendor partners, visit the CPE Catalog and select On-Demand as the Format filter or select a link below.
- ACPEN — Nano Learning courses are designed to permit a participant to learn a given subject in a ten-minute time frame. Each course is focused on a single learning objective and offers 1/5 CPE credit (.20). There are two assessment questions which must be passed in order to receive credit.
- AICPA — Access hundreds of self-study courses to broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Developed by leading authorities throughout the country in a broad range of subject matter. Turn to the AICPA for a wide variety of quality training and educational resources for you and your staff.
- Product Bundles — These cohesive collections of on-demand courses are designed to thoroughly cover topics essential to accounting professionals at every stage of their career.
- CPExpress — Access over 450 CPE learning courses developed by subject matter experts from the AICPA. One low annual subscription price gives you unlimited 24/7 access to more technical content—more accounting, auditing, tax and management materials in an easy-to-use course catalog organized by Hot Topic, New Releases, Annual Updates and more.
- Certificate Programs — These competency-based programs are designed to expand your career opportunities or give you insight into new areas of practice . Receive a digital badge upon completion to display in your email signature, social media, LinkedIn profile and more to validate your experience and verify your commitment to quality.
- Surgent McCoy — Offers more than 200 unique course options, ranging from 2–20 credit hours, in a variety of formats to meet your needs: online download, on-demand webcast, and textbook.
- Unlimited Plus Package — includes complete 12-month access for a single user to all of Surgent's self-study courses -- including a growing library of on-demand self-study webcasts - as well as access to every Surgent live webinar. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 30% off Surgent’s retail price!
- Unlimited Self-Study Package — includes every PDF download course in Surgent’s catalog – over 200 courses, each from 2-16 credits. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 40% off Surgent’s retail price!
*Partner-produced on-demand courses will not be accessible through your My CPE webpage. Separate access instructions will be emailed by each vendor. Certificates earned from courses provided by vendors must be manually entered into the VBOA's CPE tracking system.
Online Learning Transfer & Cancellation
Please note that the VSCPA's standard transfer and cancellation policies do not apply to ACPEN, AICPA, CPA Crossings, or Surgent McCoy courses. Please contact these vendors directly regarding transfers or cancellations.