The VSCPA offers hundreds of live-streaming webinars and virtual seminars as well as webcast replays and on-demand courses. We produce our own online courses, and we are proud to partner with several well-known CPE vendors that also produce high quality courses. Plus, VSCPA membership includes deep discounts on many online CPE courses, so browse the options below and visit the VSCPA online CPE Catalog to register today.
Stay on top of major issues affecting CPAs by participating in interactive, online events produced by the VSCPA. During these live events you’ll see, hear and experience important topics and issues facing CPAs. You will be immersed in the material and can submit your questions online to the presenters while engaging with other participants through the online chat feature.
- VSCPA Virtual Seminars — One-day events with one speaker
- VSCPA Conferences — Multiple sessions and speakers in a one- or two-day format
- VSCPA Essential Ethics courses — Complete your Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA) ethics requirement by watching a recording of an instructor-led seminar including participation from a live audience of CPAs. You will be able to engage with other online participants through the CHAT feature and submit content-related questions to the course authors.
ACPEN — Accounting Continuing Professional Education Network is the largest provider of streaming video webinars for continuing education for CPAs in the U.S. Because of the wide variety of continuing education courses and CPE conferences they offer, ACPEN programs not only provide CPE for accountants, but also top notch continuing education for non-accounting finance professionals and CPE for enrolled agents.
AICPA — The VSCPA is pleased to partner with the AICPA to bring you timely learning and development opportunities. Utilizing streaming audio and video, AICPA webcasts are a terrific way to stay informed on the critical issues affecting CPAs and senior financial executives.
CalCPA — CalCPA has been a leader in continuing education for decades. Their webcasts and self-study products deliver quality education and build technical knowledge — fostering excellence in individuals and the profession.
CCH / Wolters Kluwer — Changes to federal and state tax law, and accounting and finance standards can be complex, making it essential for CPAs, financial advisors and tax professionals to stay on top of the latest developments. With webinars conducted by industry professionals, and self-study courses that let you earn CPE credits online when it fits your schedule, Wolters Kluwer gives you the keys to keeping up with your industry and advancing your career. As a member of VSCPA, you can save 25% off all webinars, on-demand self-study courses and unlimited packages. Please visit our VSCPA partner page at cchcpelink.com/VSCPA to take advantage of your member savings!
CPA Crossings — CPA Crossings, LLC is your one-stop resource for all your online CPE. They offer over 375 unique webinars presented by 60+ experts on the topics of tax, audit, accounting, technology, ethics, personal development and more. Group, private and customized webinars are also available.
Surgent McCoy — Surgent’s Live CPE webinars and webcasts include hundreds of top-rated 2-, 4-, and 8-hour webinars and webcasts in all the topics you need. Convenient daily offerings, plus evening and weekend options — at times that work for all time zones.
- Unlimited Plus Package — If you want unlimited access to more than 1,200 of Surgent's live webinars in hundreds of topic areas, choose this option. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 25% off Surgent’s retail price! *Please note: This package expires 12 months from the date of purchase.
If you need technical support during a partner-produced online event, please visit the partner's website or refer to the vendor-specific email: ACPEN, AICPA, CalCPA, CCH / Wolters Kluwer, CPA Crossings, or Surgent McCoy.
*Certificates earned from courses provided by vendors must be manually entered into the VBOA's CPE tracking system.
As an on-demand participant, you'll enjoy the freedom to take courses anytime, wherever you have internet access. You'll also benefit from downloadable course materials, instantly graded exams and easy CPE credit tracking.
Ethics On-Demand — Complete your VBOA ethics requirement at your own pace, wherever you have Internet access by taking a VSCPA Essential Ethics course on demand.
Peters Professional Education — David Peters, CPA, provides high quality continuing education courses to financial professionals across several industries, including insurance, financial planning, and accounting
- ACPEN — Nano Learning courses are designed to permit a participant to learn a given subject in a ten-minute time frame. Each course is focused on a single learning objective and offers 1/5 CPE credit (.20). There are two assessment questions which must be passed in order to receive credit.
- AICPA — Access hundreds of self-study courses to broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills. Developed by leading authorities throughout the country in a broad range of subject matter. Turn to the AICPA for a wide variety of quality training and educational resources for you and your staff.
- CPExpress — Access over 450 CPE learning courses developed by subject matter experts from the AICPA. One low annual subscription price gives you unlimited 24/7 access to more technical content—more accounting, auditing, tax and management materials in an easy-to-use course catalog organized by Hot Topic, New Releases, Annual Updates and more.
- Certificate Programs — These competency-based programs are designed to expand your career opportunities or give you insight into new areas of practice . Receive a digital badge upon completion to display in your email signature, social media, LinkedIn profile and more to validate your experience and verify your commitment to quality.
CalCPA — CalCPA has been a leader in continuing education for decades. Their 100+ self-study products deliver quality education and build technical knowledge — fostering excellence in individuals and the profession.
Surgent McCoy — Offers more than 200 unique course options, ranging from 2–20 credit hours, in a variety of formats to meet your needs: online download, on-demand webcast, and textbook
- Unlimited Self-Study Package — includes every PDF download course in Surgent’s catalog – over 250 courses, each from 2-16 credits. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 40% off Surgent’s retail price!
- Unlimited Plus Package — Enjoy 12 months of access to every Surgent CPE course in every online format — plus unlimited CPE credits. As a VSCPA member, you will receive 25% off Surgent’s retail price!
To find a full listing and register for individual on-demand courses produced by our vendor partners, click here.
*Partner-produced on-demand courses (except for ACPEN courses) will not be accessible through your My CPE webpage. Separate access instructions will be emailed by each vendor. Certificates earned from courses provided by vendors must be manually entered into the VBOA's CPE tracking system.