What do Certified Public Accountants (CPA) do? It's pretty simple. They make it happen — with financial knowledge and analytical skills needed by every company and organization. And what’s even better is that research shows that the accounting field is projected to continue growing, with the most desirable positions going to CPAs.
Learn more about what CPAs do and the steps to become one:
- What CPAs Do
- Steps to Become a CPA
- Hear from VSCPA members about their path to becoming a CPA in short 2-minute clips
- Prepare for an accounting career with ThisWaytoCPA.com
- How much do CPAs earn? Download a salary guide and other resources to guide your career from Robert Half
- Colleges and universities offering accounting degrees
- Pocket Guide: Transfer Your Way to CPA
Learn more about our CPA Exam resources:
- Studying for the CPA Exam? Check out VSCPA CPA Exam Review discounts & save up to 30%
- Join the Open Forum in our online community to connect with other VSCPA members to get Exam advice and share study tips
- New CPA Exam blueprint after practice analysis (Journal of Accountancy, Nov. 2020)
- CPA Evolution: New CPA Exam expected to launch 2024
- Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA) website
- AICPA "This Way to CPA" website
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) website
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) website
- Prometric CPA Exam Testing Centers
Join the VSCPA to get help and resources on your journey to becoming a CPA!
VSCPA membership is free if you are a full-time college student and only $60 if you've graduated within the last five years and preparing to take the Exam. View all dues rates here. To join, apply online or contact us at [email protected] or (800) 733-8272.