The Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) social media channels are intended for the presentation of editorial commentary on issues pertaining to the CPA profession and also to facilitate dialogue among readers through the open comment feature. All participants must adhere to the following:
- Do not provoke or attack others. Discussions are meant to stimulate conversation — not to create contention.
- Do not post commercial messages. These channels are not to be used for marketing purposes.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on these channels is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post any message or comment that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal guidelines below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- The VSCPA retains the right to reproduce postings.
Social media channels are provided as a service of the VSCPA. The VSCPA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information of others. The VSCPA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by the VSCPA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the VSCPA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the social media channels.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The VSCPA makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants VSCPA the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
The VSCPA does not actively monitor social media channels for inappropriate postings, and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings and comments. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the VSCPA's attention, the VSCPA reserves the right to take all appropriate action.
The VSCPA reserves the right to terminate access to social media channels for any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
If you have any questions about VSCPA social media, guidelines or etiquette, please contact VSCPA Communications Director Jill Edmonds.