The Roanoke Area Chapter meets the fourth Thursday of each month except November, December and March. All meetings are held at The Shenandoah Club in Roanoke. Special meetings, like CPE and Student Night, are held at Roanoke Country Club.
- Sept. 19: Student Night
- Location: The Shenandoah Club
24 Franklin Road SE
Roanoke, VA 24011
- Time: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. (includes buffet-style dinner)
- Speaker: Panel of professionals discussing the profession and answering questions
- Cost: Free for students and faculty, $25 for members and businesses. Sponsorships are also available ($500 for Gold level, $250 for Silver level. Email Evan Ross at [email protected] for sponsorship inquiries.
Roanoke Area Chapter scholarships worth (one worth $1,000 two worth $500) will also be awarded at this event. Students can apply by sending a résumé and brief essay explaining why they chose the accounting field and the CPA profession and how they would use the scholarship money to Evan Ross at [email protected].
- Oct. 16–17: 18th Annual Roanoke Area Chapter CPE Conference
- Location: Blue Ridge Hotel & Conference Center
2801 Hershberger Rd. NW
Roanoke, VA 24017
- Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
- Speaker: Various
- CPE: 16 credits, including 2019 Virginia-specific Ethics course
- Two days: $160 for chapter members, $200 for nonmembers
- One day: $85 for chapter members, $105 for nonmembers
Register for the conference using this form (PDF). Email to Evan Ross at [email protected] or mail to P.O. Box 293, Roanoke, VA 24002. Please make checks payable to Roanoke Chapter VSCPA.