The VSCPA is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants of meetings, events and online communities. VSCPA events and communities aim to be inclusive for all, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion or religious belief, political affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status and any other distinguishing characteristic or reason not related to merit. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, VSCPA staff members, service providers and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. It applies to all VSCPA activities, including those sponsored by organizations other than VSCPA but held in conjunction with VSCPA events, on public or private platforms.
Inappropriate conduct including discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated during any VSCPA meeting, event or online community. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form, including epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating or hostile acts; denigrating jokes and display or circulation of written or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group.
- Abusive or profane language toward any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, VSCPA staff member, service provider and/or other meeting guest (e.g. avoid inappropriate comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, politics, national origin)
- Inappropriate usage of harmful or prejudicial visuals and images (e.g. nudity and/or sexual images in public forums, spaces or in presentations are unacceptable)
- Rude or disruptive actions during presentations during meetings and events. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any VSCPA virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services without prior approval from the VSCPA.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space or record any breakout discussions without full consent.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm or any illegal activity.
VSCPA reserves the right to take any corrective action deemed necessary and appropriate, including muting an attendee’s audio, deleting inappropriate comments or visuals and/or immediate removal from the event, meeting or online community without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. VSCPA also reserves the right to prohibit participation in any future meeting, event or online community.
If you experience harassment or wish to report any incidents of inappropriate conduct to the VSCPA, contact our President & CEO or Chair of the Board of Directors.
Additional VSCPA policies, guidelines and rules for events, meetings and online communities can be found here:
• VSCPA Event Registration Policies
• VSCPA Connect Online Community Rules, Etiquette & Disclaimers
• AICPA Code of Professional Conduct