On Wednesday, Jim Phillips, CPA, officially took over as VSCPA Board of Directors Chair from Lisa Germano, CPA. We'll have a more complete profile of Phillips in the July/August issue of Disclosures, but here are a few facts about the 2016–2017 chair:
- He is a partner at KPMG, where he has worked his entire career in Louisville, Ky., Mountain View, Calif., and his current home of Richmond
- He is on his second state society board, having previously served on the Kentucky Society of CPAs (KyCPA) Board of Directors
- He is the VSCPA's first chair from a Big Four firm since Deloitte partner Larry Samuel, CPA, in 2000–2001
- He specializes in serving multinational companies
- He is 6-foot-7 and played basketball for a year at Newberry College in South Carolina before transferring to Eastern Kentucky University
- He's excited about the task of leading the VSCPA as we strategize for the coming decades and the future of our profession!