What We Are Doing
- Celebrating service: Previously, the VSCPA held CPA Day of Service — a one-day, statewide volunteer event uniting the profession in giving back to Virginia communities and organizations — on the Friday of CPA Week. Starting this year, we're expanding Day of Service to a year-long celebration of the contributions Virginia CPAs make to their communities. We want to publicize your organization's volunteer efforts, so please email pictures to VSCPA Communications Manager Chip Knighton, post them to the VSCPA Facebook page, tweet them to @VSCPANews or tag us on Instagram at @VSCPA. Remember to use the #CPAService hashtag on social media!
- Promoting the profession: The VSCPA will spread the word to media, businesses and consumers across the state to help CPAs get the recognition they deserve.
What CPAs Can Do
CPAs across the state can take advantage of this week by:
- Volunteering: As mentioned above, we will promote any volunteer activities throughout the year. Follow the instructions above to help us publicize your good work! View pictures from CPA Day of Service 2017 here.
- Alerting the press: A press release template is available to help alert local media to Virginia CPA Week.
- Recognizing CPAs: CPAs at firms and companies across the state will be recognized by their employers.
- Showing pride: CPA-themed goodies are available at cafepress.com/vscpa.
- Giving back to the profession: CPAs can make gifts to the VSCPA Educational Foundation or the VSCPA Political Action Committee (VSCPA PAC) in honor of CPA Week.
- Spreading the word: A print-quality downloadable logo is available below for use on websites, email signatures, Facebook, etc.