Connect with CPAs in person or online by attending seminars presented by popular instructor Walter Haig II, CPA. Take a look at the course list below for detailed descriptions and registration.
Course List | Top
To register for any course or find out more details, click on the course title. All courses take place from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and qualify for up to 8 CPE credits.
Waterford at Springfield
Save $50 by registering before Sept. 22!
Monday, Oct. 20
Tuesday, Oct. 21
Wednesday, Oct. 22
Richmond CPA Center or Live Online WebcastSave $50 by registering before Oct. 6!
Tuesday, Nov. 4
- Richmond: Walter J. Haig's Preparing Financial Statements for Small- & Medium-Sized Businesses (3-618)
- Webcast: Walter J. Haig's Preparing Financial Statements for Small- & Medium-Sized Businesses (3-618W)
Wednesday, Nov. 5
- Richmond: Walter J. Haig's Compilation & Review Standards Update & Review (3-619)
- Webcast: Walter J. Haig's Compilation & Review Standards Update & Review (3-619W)
Thursday, Nov. 6
- Richmond: Walter J. Haig's the Business Financial Health Checkup (3-620)
Registration & Discounts | TopRegister by the dates listed above to receive the lowest price — $299 for members and $399 for nonmembers. After this date, 8-hour seminars cost $349 for members and $449 for nonmembers. Cost includes course materials, instruction, lunch and beverage breaks.
**Nonmembers — join now to take advantage of member pricing on seminars in this cluster.
The VSCPA offers an array of money-saving discounts, including:
- $50 early registration discount: All courses are marked with an early registration deadline. Receive a $50 discount on each course for which you register before the early registration deadline.
- $100 VSCPA member discount on 8-hour seminars: The $100 VSCPA member discount is automatic for all members of the VSCPA or any other state CPA society. Members of the AICPA who are not members of a state CPA society are NOT entitled to the member discount and should pay the regular course fee as published.
- Multiple Registration Discount on Seminars: Register before Oct. 1, 2014 for three or more seminars (must register at the same time for all courses), and receive $25 off each seminar. This discount is only applicable to 8-, 16- and 24-hour seminars. You can save at least $75.
- Government vouchers: The VSCPA accepts government vouchers.
Take advantage of your discounts by registering online or by calling (800) 341-8189.
Location | Top
Richmond CPA Center
4309 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Phone: (800) 733-8272
Note: This is not a hotel.
Instructor | Top
Walter Haig II, CPA, owns his own CPA firm in Creston, Wash. He has extensive experience in auditing, accounting and advisory services and family-owned businesses. He is also a highly regarded consultant in cases involving accountant's malpractice.
Walter lectures nationally in the areas of auditing, accounting, compilation and review services, personal financial statements, forecasts and projections and personal financial planning. His skills as an instructor have won him the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) "Outstanding Discussion Leader Award" five times and the Washington Society of CPAs (WSCPA) "Highest Rated Instructor Award" six times. The WSCPA "Discussion Leader of the Year Award" was named in his honor in 1990.
Walter is the author of 10 highly rated continuing professional education courses that are being utilized on a national basis. He has served on various AICPA and WSCPA task forces and committees in the areas of auditing, personal financial planning and continuing education.
|The events listed are live, group update programs. Prerequisites and/or advanced preparation requirements are noted within the description for each event.|
The Virginia Society of CPAs is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For more information regarding refund, complaint, program cancellation or other policies, visit www.vscpa.com/CPEPolicies or call (800) 341-8189.