VSCPA Tax Help Programs
- NBC 12 Tax Call-In Program —Watch NBC 12 for a live call-in program. Call (804) 345-1212 or (800) 733-2812 to speak directly with a CPA expert and get free answers to your tax questions.
VSCPA Tax Resources
- Tax Season Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) — The VSCPA provides a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions from Virginia taxpayers. Get answers to general tax questions, including student, dependent and homeowner issues.
- Tax Checklist — Here are some of the common and lesser-known sources of taxable income to help you accurately complete your tax return.
- Smart Ways to Spend Your Refund — The VSCPA offers tips on using your tax return wisely.
Tax Articles & Links
- Money Management Articles — These articles provide financial advice and information for individuals and small businesses. Topics include tax planning, personal finance, retirement and estate planning, saving for college, investments, running a small business and more.
Additional Tax Resources
- Why Use a CPA? — The VSCPA developed this free online publication to help you learn about the different services CPAs provide, how to choose a CPA to meet your needs, what CPAs charge and more.
- Find a CPA — Through our free online database, the VSCPA helps connect you with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in your geographic region that can best meet your financial and business needs.
- 360Taxes — This interactive website, developed by the American Insitute of CPAs (AICPA), features tax articles, calculators, FAQs, resources for choosing a CPA, and CPA-written tax blogs.
- Virginia Taxpayer Bill of Rights (PDF) — This booklet outlines your rights in contacts with the Virginia Department of Taxation, and contains a wealth of information on the role of the Taxpayer Rights Advocate, collections and audit processes and appeals forms and instructions.