VSCPA Resources & Free Upcoming Offerings
- For Students & Educators: Aug. 31: Know future CPAs who’ve been affected financially due to the pandemic? They may qualify for up to $2,000 toward their educational expenses through the AICPAs COVID-19 Student Hardship Grant. The deadline to apply is August 31.
- Stay Connected: Follow VSCPA Connect, our online community, to ask questions or stay updated during these uncertain times.
- Prometric Centers test centers in the United States and Canada closed through April 30, 2020. They anticipate re-opening test centers beginning May 1, 2020, in select areas minimally impacted by the virus. As the virus shifts throughout the country, decisions will be made to close some test centers and open others as it becomes prudent. Such decisions will be made at the test center level, not at the state level. Please consult Prometric’s website for test center status and availability in both the United States and internationally.
- All NTS with expirations between April 1–June 30, 2020, have been extended until Sept. 30, 2020. At this time, no action is required by candidates and there is no need to contact NASBA or the Board of Accountancy. If your Exam credit expires outside of this window, you will need to follow normal policies to request an extension.
- Current test center closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic will not affect the plan for Continuous Testing, which launches July 1. All appointments after April 30 will remain scheduled and it will be your responsibility to either attend your Exam or reschedule if you decide to not attend out of personal concerns.
- Find a list of CPA Exam review providers and their resources here.
Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA)
How will Pass/Fail grades impact candidates’ approval by the VBOA?
The Virginia Board of Accountancy will accept any course taken as Pass/Fail as long as the student receives earned semester hours for the successful completion of the course. The completed course must be on an official transcript from an appropriately accredited university, college or community college. For additional information, click here.
Surgent CPA Exam Resources
- Access to free previously recorded webinars on CPA Exam study tips, time management, how to solve simulations and other helpful topics can be found here.
- Students can sign up for webinar archives to watch pre-recorded webinar topics. Click here to access upcoming live webinars.
- Surgent offers pre-built course templates that are normally a part of their UniversityPASS product. Generally, this is free for professors and costs each student $50, but Surgent is waiving all associated fees. To enroll, email Evan Moore and copy Ryan Hirsch. Please do not sign up on the site.
- Access free lecture/slide decks of archived presentations from past firm visits to help further prepare for the CPA Exam below:
- Surgent is available to answer your questions about the CPA Exam and strategies for passing. Contact Evan Moore or call (908) 268-6685.