For Immediate Release
Richmond (March 9, 2021) — The Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) is excited to launch a new suite of tailored business ethics offerings for CPAs and finance, accounting and other business professionals, including a course designed to create a foundation of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace and explore ethical considerations around unconscious bias, decision making and critical thinking.
The VSCPA DEI ethics course is authored by expert international, national and state thought leaders, including:
- Brian Friedrich, CPA, LL.M., M.Ed., C.Dir: A principal at Canada-based friedrich & friedrich corporation, a professional research, standards and education consulting firm; member of the International Ethics Standards Board of Accountants (IESBA) that issues high-quality ethics standards and pronouncements for more than 2.5 million professional accountants worldwide.
- Clare Levison, CPA, CGMA: Owner of Inspired Responsibility, a consulting firm delivering continuing education that promotes positive change; national speaker and author with more than a decade of experience in professional ethics and financial literacy education with features in USA Today, U.S. News & World Report and The Wall Street Journal.
- Vivian Paige, CPA, MBA, CGMA: Educator at Christopher Newport University with 20 years of experience in academia; member of the VSCPA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Council, co-founder of Norfolk United Facing Race; frequent guest on radio, on television and in various forums as a citizen’s voice on political and racial issues.
“The VSCPA has long been known as a leader of ethics education and we’re incredibly passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion,” said VSCPA President & CEO Stephanie Peters, CAE. “For more than 10 years, we were the exclusive content developer of Virginia-specific ethics for CPAs. We’re not only excited to use our unique ethics expertise to expand our ethics offerings on important topics like DEI, but also to continue building customized, relevant and innovative business ethics education for our members and other business professionals nationwide.”
The VSCPA DEI and other ethics courses come in a variety of formats and can be taken online through on-demand and webcast and include options for individuals and groups. They also meet the ethics continuing professional education requirements for CPAs in Virginia as well as other states across the country. Featured ethics courses include:
- Ethical Considerations in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- How to Ensure Zombie Ethics Won't Kill Your Business
- Tax Ethics: Navigating Client Needs & the Law
- Government Ethics: Theory & Application
Additional VSCPA business ethics offerings will be added throughout 2021. For more information on the VSCPA ethics courses and to register today, visit www.CPAethics.com.
About the VSCPA
The Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) is the leading professional association in the Commonwealth dedicated to empowering CPAs to thrive. Founded in 1909, the VSCPA has more than 13,500 members who work in public accounting, corporate finance, government and education. For more information about the VSCPA, visit vscpa.com, email [email protected] or call (804) 612-9416. Connect with us on Facebook: Facebook.com/VSCPA, Twitter: @VSCPANews and Instagram: @VSCPA. To search for a CPA in your geographic region, visit vscpa.com/FindaCPA.