December 1, 2020
from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
December 2, 2020
from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
December 3, 2020
from 8:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
The price above above reflects a 20% discount off the initial published price of this virtual seminar. Given the tough economic times and disruptions to learning budgets, this special discount is our way of thanking you for your continued loyalty and hope it helps to ease the financial impact.
IMPORTANT! CPA LEADx is taking place solely online in 2020. Offering this event virtually allows us to keep you safe while also retaining the highly-knowledgeable speakers and delivering the same high quality content. Your health and well-being is our priority!
Date: Dec. 1 - 3, 2020
At the heart of great leadership is the ability to ignite the extraordinary potential that's within, but first, you must make the decision to lead yourself, others and your organization.
Leadership Academy has been reimagined to bring you CPA LEADx. We're excited to partner with InnerWill, an industry leader on values-based leadership training, on a three-day program designed to increase your leadership capacity. This unique program will guide you through your personal leadership journey resulting in greater self-awareness of your leadership style and effective strategies for both leading others and leading within your organizations.
Event Highlights Include:
- How to be more effective, influential and resilient in your leadership
- Foster your leadership and strategic skills to move your career forward
- Gain an understanding of values-based leadership and how to leverage your strengths
- Find out what leadership looks like in today’s accounting world and how to lead your team effectively
- Explore the communication skills of listening, asking questions and checking for understanding
Deadline to register: October 30, 2020
* space is limited
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
- Explore the five practices of Values Based Leadership — Build Awareness, Realize Potential, Develop Relationships, Take Action, and Practice Reflection — and identify the core values and beliefs that influence behaviors, decisions, relationships, and ultimately effectiveness.
- Utilizing the Insights Discovery model, build awareness of your personality style as a key leadership tool, learn your own communication preferences and how to connect with and inspire others.
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
- Identify how to give and get high quality feedback to strengthen performance. Participants will gather feedback and identify strategies for receiving and giving feedback that align with their goals and aspirations.
- Realize Potential
- What is your personal impact as a leader? In this session, we will focus on finding and designing our leadership purpose. Articulating the impact you want to have and leading with courage is an important part of being a values-based leader.
- Invest in your professional presence by creating a LinkedIn profile that stands out. We only have seven seconds to capture a viewer’s attention before they click away. In this session, you will learn some practical tools for creating and maintaining a powerful LinkedIn presence.
- This session will focus on trust as a component to building and developing strong relationships. Learn about the choices we can consciously make to build trust and how we can adapt to someone else’s style and values in order to keep that trust.
8:30 am - 2:25 pm
- Identify and practice effective communication techniques including active listening, asking questions, and checking for understanding. As values-based leaders, utilize on values-based conversation planner as a practical tool you can use to effectively have conversations that really matter.
- Hear from four Luck CPAs and accountants who live out values-based leadership every day. Building on the content you’ve learned in the sessions, they will talk about practical ways that the information can be put into action back in your respective workplaces and lives.
Personal Action Plan
- In your small groups, you will design a personal action plan for your leadership goals based on the content you’ve learned. You will set short term goals for influencing, communicating, and persuading others using your own leadership vision.
Closing Keynote by Tom
- How do you leave here and use your new skills to motivate and inspire other? Hear from Tom Epperson, the president of InnerWill on how to continue to lead and inspire and rally others around your vision.