Two of the most important requirements under current auditing standards are (1) engagement team brainstorming and (2) expanded inquiries of auditee personnel. The skill with which these important requirements are carried out can mean the difference between discovering material fraud and … a lawsuit. This session will address the following:
• Why brainstorming is important
• Rules for effective brainstorming
• The brainstorming documentation dilemma
• Successful interviewing: what to do and what not to do
• How to spot signs of deceptive behavior
• Integrating brainstorming results with interviewing; and vice versa
These requirements definitely demand that auditors develop new skills and change the way they conduct audits. This session will use case studies to provide insights into these important skill sets.
Individual webcastCPE Credit:
Accounting (governmental), Auditing (governmental)Program Level:
This course is being offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible on your My CPE page. Webinar access information will be emailed directly to you by ACPEN.