This four-module combination provides four different topics for those who are CFOs, or those who aspire to be CFOs. This course is one part of a five-part series for CFOs.
Major topics include:
Numbers rule the world, but they don't speak the words
- How can a numbers person master words and communication in an ever-changing and social dynamic? This session will reveal common communication mistakes financial professionals make and suggest practical solutions. We will discuss proven techniques to effectively deliver your numbers so your audience will understand. Topics include:
- When should I text, email, phone or meet?
- How to write emails that people read
- How to say “no” tactfully
- How to communicate information so others understand
Identifying the big picture and your communications role
Ethics in the real world
Controlling management continuity risk
- Does your organization risk operational disruption due to a key personnel loss? Are your internal auditors and risk management personnel routinely assessing your exposure to loosing key skills? This session could help your organization prevent its next crisis.
Five marvelous business books in 100 minutes
- You know you should read some business books, but finding time is often hard to do. Come get a 20-minute executive summary of five business books. This session makes it easy to catch up with the latest thinking in five very different topics. This seminar will include: The End of Accounting, The Right and Wrong Stuff: How Brilliant Careers Are Made and Unmade, Big Potential, Pitch Anything and Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success. Save time, learn the key lessons of five business books in just 100 minutes.
Group internet-basedCPE Credit:
Business management & organization, Auditing, Ethics - behavioralProgram Level: