Electronic Materials — Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I download my eMaterials?
- Go to My eMaterials (you will be required to login to access the document by using your VSCPA login credentials).
When can I download my eMaterials?
- Three business days prior to your course or conference. Please be sure to download and save your eMaterials in advance (prior to arriving at the course location).
How do I download my eMaterials?
- Click the "Manual" link associated with your course or conference. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher to access (Note: version 9.4 and 10.1 have been reported to not allow annotation).
What if I have trouble downloading my eMaterials
- Please contact the CPE team at (800) 733-8272.
Will I be able to plug in my laptop at my course or conference?
- Yes. A laptop charging station will be supplied.
How will eMaterials be formatted?
- Our materials will be converted to a secure PDF electronic format.
How do I annotate/comment on eMaterials?
- Please click here for a detailed tutorial on taking notes using PDF files.
- The Commenting Toolbar offers three options for annotating your materials:
- Note Tool: To add notes to the document click the yellow Note Tool and then click on the location where you would like to leave a note. The Note Tool dialog box will appear and you will be able to enter your comments.
- Highlight Text: This tool allows you to highlight text and perform functions such as Cross-Out and Underline text.
- Show: This tool provides a variety of options for displaying and viewing the comments in the document. Click on Show > Show Comments List to display comments.
- Be sure to SAVE your program materials when your commenting is complete.
- Note: If materials provided have been scanned, highlighting/commenting will not be accessible.
May I share my eMaterials with others?
- No, eMaterials for events are copyrighted and permission to view/print is granted to the paid participant of the event exclusively.
How long are eMaterials stored under My eMaterials?
- Electronic materials are stored for three weeks following the conference or seminar. Updated materials will be posted following the respective event.
How will I know which events feature eMaterials?
- All conferences and seminars feature the option of choosing eMaterials unless noted otherwise. Manuals for the VSCPA Ethics course are only available electronically.
Once I’m onsite, how do I download my eMaterials if I haven’t done so already?
- You can download your eMaterials onsite the same way you would prior to the course or conference, using the My eMaterials link. However, we urge you to download and save your materials to your laptop or iPad app prior to arriving at the course location.
Is the customer expected to print the PDF files after they’re downloaded?
- No. We encourage customers to use materials electronically, and annotate. We are not trying to shift printing costs to the customer. Printers and printed manuals are not available on site.
May I cancel or transfer my registration once the materials have been uploaded to the website?
- No. Once the materials are uploaded to the VSCPA website, refunds, transfers and cancellations are not accepted. Please review the revised cancellation policy here.