Mission, Vision & Top Strategies
Mission: To inspire and support future CPAs.
Vision: To be the premier resource promoting integrity and excellence in the accounting profession by partnering with and benefiting business, academia and society at large.
The Foundation strives to improve awareness and perceptions by educating students, educators and the public about the exciting, challenging opportunities available to CPAs. By providing accounting scholarships, we can increase interest in accounting careers. Your financial support will assist us in reaching our goals to:
- Become the largest provider of accounting scholarships and awards in Virginia.
- Significantly increase contributions and loyalty of member and nonmember donor base.
- Responsibly manage the Foundation's financial assets and communicate with contributors.
- Increase knowledge of the accounting profession, Educational Foundation and VSCPA career programs among educators, students, members and the public.
Top Strategies for 2011–2014
- Revise the Educational Foundation’s case for support to ensure it’s compelling in a competitive fundraising environment.
- Increase firm and individual major gifts by developing a multi-year strategy.
- Increase annual contributions of unrestricted funds by growing the current donor base.
- Build awareness of the Educational Foundation among key stakeholders with a targeted communications campaign.
- Review the Educational Foundation’s operations to determine best management, staffing and resources needed.