The Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA) is the regulatory body that handles the licensing of individual CPAs and CPA firms.
The VSCPA is a voluntary membership organization. The VSCPA Professional Ethics Committee handles complaints only against VSCPA members. To determine if an individual is a VSCPA member, please contact the VSCPA Peer Review department at email@example.com or (800) 733-8272, option 4.
- Ethics inquiries
- Disciplinary actions
- How to file a complaint
- VSCPA Professional Ethics Committee
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- VSCPA Bylaws and Board Resolutions
- Virginia Board of Accountancy statute and regulations
- Ethics CPE requirement for CPAs
- VSCPA Ethics Frequently Asked Questions
- AICPA Professional Ethics Division
- AICPA's Ethically Speaking Newsletter
AICPA Plain English Guide to Independence — Discusses in “plain English” the independence requirements of the AICPA and certain other rule-making and standard-setting bodies in the United States so you can understand and apply the requirements with greater confidence and ease.