The VSCPA offers convenient online CPE including a growing list of webinars, webcasts, on-demand courses and more. Plus, VSCPA membership includes deep discounts on online CPE, so browse our options below to sign up today.
For information on CPE certificate transfers to the audit tracker, please see our FAQs.
Webcasts/Webinars: Online, On Time
VSCPA-produced CPE will automatically be transferred to the online CPE tracker.
- VSCPA Webinars/Webcasts: Stay on top of major issues by participating in VSCPA webinars and webcasts. Webinars are online-only events and webcasts are live broadcasts of group-study seminars.
- Ethics Webcasts: Complete your ethics requirement by watching a taping of the course.
Partner-produced CPE must be manually entered into the CPE tracker individually.
- AICPA Webcasts: VSCPA members receive a discount on webcasts from the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). Use code VSCPA when enrolling to receive the discount.
- CalCPA Webcasts: We've partnered with the California Society of CPAs to offer webinars and webcasts to our members for a reduced cost. Leading experts deliver the hottest topics straight to your desktop.
- K2 Enterprises Webinars/Webcasts: We've partnered with K2 Enterprises to offer webinars and webcasts to our members for a reduced cost. These technology-focused online events are put on by technology experts at K2 Enterprises.
- Accounting Continuing Professional Education Network (ACPEN) — ACPEN webcasts typically contain live video and are available in lengths from one to eight hours. You will find more eight-hour webcasts available from ACPEN, so if you're looking for a full-day webcast, this should be your first stop.
- CPA Crossings — CPA Crossings, LLC provides an extensive catalog of live web-based CPE programs including more than 65 topics in the areas of technology, practice management, workflow automation, tax, ethics, fraud and accounting/auditing. Group discounts are available for three or more participants.
- Surgent McCoy — Surgent’s Live CPE webinars: hundreds of top-rated 2-, 4-, and 8-hour webinars in all the topics you need. Convenient daily offerings, plus evening and weekend options.
Gather your colleagues and watch a webinar or webcast together! All you have to do is let us know how many people will be viewing the webcast and we'll provide you with a sign-in sheet. We'll send CPE certificates to each person who views the webcast.
Contact VSCPA Education Coordinator Kathy Suddarth at email@example.com or (804) 612-9401 to enroll your group.
**Please note that webcasts/webinars are more likely to be less stable on mobile devices.
On Demand: Online, Any Time
As an on-demand participant, you'll enjoy the freedom to take courses anytime, wherever you have computer access. You'll also benefit from downloadable course materials, instantly graded exams and easy CPE credit tracking.
VSCPA Courses On Demand
Popular Instructor, Melisa Galasso, CPA, delivers 2-hour online courses on the latest updates in the accounting and auditing arena. Courses cost $39 for VSCPA members and $59 for nonmembers. Check back often, as new courses will be added monthly.
The AICPA offers on-demand courses or opt for any of the Certificate programs in IFRS, XBRL or Forensic Accounting. These quality on-demand courses will help further you in your career. To obtain the AICPA member price, be sure to enter the following coupon code during checkout: VSCPA
- CPExpress — AICPA's comprehensive bundle of online CPE courses offers you immediate access to hundreds of one- and two-credit hour courses. This online subscription allows you to select the specific topic you need when you need it for just-in-time learning.
- On-demand courses
- Fundamentals of Forensic Accounting Certificate Program
- XBRL U.S. GAAP Certificate Program
- IFRS Certificate Program
SmartPros Ltd. is a registered sponsor of continuing professional education with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) offering discounted online learning subscriptions and courses for VSCPA members.
Good news! We've streamlined the login process for all SmartPros courses. You can now use your VSCPA login credentials to view course content or access your CPE certificates. Can't remember your VSCPA login information? Click here for assistance.
- The CPA Report ($359 for VSCPA members; $449 retail)
- FMN Online — Update Courses for Accounting & Finance Professionals ($359 for VSCPA members; $499 retail)
- Government/Nonprofit CPA Report Subscription ($229 for VSCPA members; $329 retail)
- SmartPros Advantage (SP Advantage) Subscription — Skills-Based Courses for Accounting & Finance Professionals ($359 for VSCPA members; $499 retail)
- FMN Online + SmartPros Advantage ($559 for VSCPA members; $639 retail) — Use coupon code VA-MBR16
To register for any SmartPros subscription, please visit our online Professional Education Center. Once purchased, please follow SmartPros' directions for taking courses online.
Are you looking for your CPE certificates earned through SmartPros? Click here.
Surgent McCoy On-Demand CPE offers more than 200 unique course options, ranging from 2–20 credit hours, in a variety of formats to meet your needs: online download, on-demand webcast, and textbook. Choose from individual courses or take advantage of one of our on-demand packages for the ultimate in value and convenience.
See the entire catalog of Surgent McCoy courses and find registration instructions at CPEnow.
Online Learning Transfer & Cancellation
Please note that the VSCPA's standard transfer and cancellation policies do not apply to SmartPros, ACPEN, CPE Link, CPA Crossings or Surgent McCoy. Please contact SmartPros, CPA Crossings and/or ACPEN directly regarding transfers or cancellations. Call (800) 733-8272 for Surgent McCoy questions.
The Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBARegistry.org.