The Virginia Society of CPAs (VSCPA), a professional state association in Richmond, Va., seeks an energetic and results-oriented business development specialist with 1-3 years of experience to develop and execute marketing, sales and other strategies to achieve revenue goals. A primary focus will be building relationships and executing sales plans for targeted organizations, businesses and industry partners. This position is an essential part of the VSCPA’s marketing and membership team that supports our mission to help our 13,000 + members thrive. Reports to our Membership & Marketing Director. We offer a hybrid work environment and will consider remote candidates outside the Richmond area.
About the Role
- Serves as the marketing lead to coordinate and drive growth with new and existing organization members and sponsors to meet revenue and strategic goals
- Develop and implement organization membership program, including annual dues renewals of firms and companies as well as recruitment of new organization members
- Develop and coordinate business development program, including sponsorships, exhibits and advertising
- Foster relationships with current and potential sales leads, including member employers, businesses, organizations and industry partners
- Proactively maintain awareness of marketing and sales trends as well as accounting industry trends that drive value propositions
- Develops and tracks sales goals, marketing budgets and maintains reports and metrics to track and demonstrate the success of organization membership and sponsorship program
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field along with 1-3 years professional experience.
- You have exceptional sales and relationship building skills and focused on hitting or exceeding goals.
- You are highly self-motivated, are a proactive problem solver and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- You are an excellent project manager, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, pay close attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator – both in writing and verbally.
- You have a strong knowledge of marketing and business development strategies.
- You have experience and track record of success with sponsorship and advertising programs.
- You’re technologically savvy and energized by using technology to meet challenges and provide solutions. Comfortable with Microsoft Office 365, database and project management systems.
- You enjoy monitoring trends, collecting and analyzing data to inform marketing strategies and are motivated to test/try new ideas.
About the VSCPA
Named a Best Place to Work in Virginia, the VSCPA is an equal opportunity employer that provides an innovative, flexible and fun work environment. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all areas of our organization. You'll be encouraged to learn, pushed to grow and empowered to suggest new ways to enhance and deliver on our mission. We reward our team with competitive salaries and generous benefits including:
- Potential bonus pay based on achievement of organizational and/or individual goals
- 100% paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance premiums for our employees.
- Voluntary group vision, accident and life insurance eligibility
- 401k plan with a generous company match.
- Generous paid leave policy including vacation, sick and holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements including telecommuting opportunities.
- 35-hour work week for full-time employees.
- Casual work environment and dress for your day.
- Professional memberships, tuition reimbursement and continuing education.
In order to protect of our staff, our members and our community, the VSCPA requires all staff to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Starting Salary Range
$41,000 - $51,000
How to Apply
Apply here through our portal by February 11, 2022. We will only consider complete applications that are submitted through our portal. Please do not call or email.