July is Culture of Learning Month at the VSCPA, where we celebrate our educational offerings and highlight our efforts to fulfill our VSCPA2025 bold strategy, "Create a culture of learning." Here are some of the ways we're celebrating our culture of learning and the members and staff who make it possible:
- Spotlight Q&As with the members who help plan our educational offerings, starting with Carman Faison, CPA, a senior manager at Mitchell Wiggins in Petersburg and a member of the VSCPA Accounting & Auditing Conference Planning Committee. Look for more profiles all month long.
- A spotlight on the professors who help create a love of learning in Virginia's accounting students in the form of a recap of the VSCPA Educators' Symposium (PDF)
- A profile of VSCPA member Harold Martin, CPA, partner at Keiter in Glen Allen and the chair of the VSCPA's Business Valuation, Fraud & Litigation Services Conference Planning Committee
- VSCPA President & CEO Stephanie Peters's "Stephanie Says" blog, focused on how the VSCPA plans a year of education
- Stephanie's "President's Perspective" column from the July/August issue of Disclosures magazine, focused on the intersection of learning and technology
- A blog post from VSCPA member Jim Pearman, CPA/PFS, CFP, managing partner at Partners in Financial Planning in Salem, on why he elected to pursue a specialty credential
- The VSCPA's showcase summer educational event, the Virginia Beach cluster
- A focus on the VSCPA's free learning opportunities, including our 18 hours of free CPE events and the new VSCPA Leading Forward podcast
As always, our educational focus is on you, our members, and keeping you abreast of the knowledge you need to navigate an ever-changing future. Since the focus this month is education, we won't be spotlighting any particular education programs, but even outside of CPE season, we've got online, in-person and self-study events to help you be the best CPA you can be. Thanks for supporting the VSCPA!