"To be a successful firm of the future, we must adapt to our new reality. You know this. But it’s not easy to balance the need for innovation with our limited resources, time, talent, and tolerance of risk.” – Gary Thomson, CPA, Thomson Consulting
- Candidates for firm leadership and partnership/ownership
- CPAs in public accounting with 7-10 years of experience
- VSCPA members-only
- Kick-off: Three-day in-person event Fall 2021at the VSCPA Learning & Innovation Center in Richmond
- Regular check-ins: Participants will be expected to participate in periodic virtual check-ins for three additional months
- Conclusion: Wraps up with an in-person project report and graduation celebration in May at the VSCPA Learning & Innovation Center in Richmond
- Group size: 12 –15 participants per class offering an intimate learning and hands-on development experience
The Profession: “Through the Eyes of Our Leaders”
- Content: The Business of our Business...What does it take to run a successful accounting firm and be an “owner” of the business? What is needed to be future leaders of the firm and the CPA profession?
The People: “The People Imperative”
- Content: The intersection of firm culture and key performance indicators; the need for diversity and inclusion in the CPA profession.
The Personal Commitment: “Goal Setting & Accountability”
- Content: Commitment to personal performance and improvement; growing myself as a leader and growing others; setting personal and team goals, expectations and accountability.