Each year, VSCPA members nominate individuals in four award categories recognizing professional and personal accomplishments, service and innovation. The VSCPA proudly recognizes the award winners annually.
You can show your support for these accomplishments by sponsoring the Honors & Awards Ceremony, learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
- The Outstanding Member Award recognizes a VSCPA member who has provided outstanding service to the profession through participation in VSCPA activities, civic engagement and charitable activities that further a positive image of the profession.
- The Top 5 Under 35 Award recognizes young VSCPA members who have shown excellence in one or more of the following: professional achievement, VSCPA chapter accomplishment, community contribution or dedication to the CPA profession.
- The Ruth Coles Harris Advancing Diversity & Inclusion Award, sponsored by Keiter, recognizes a VSCPA member who champions diversity and inclusion in the field of accounting by doing one or more of the following:
- Plans & implements organizational initiatives to help ensure a diverse & inclusive workplace environment
- Champions policies and programs aimed at improving diversity in the profession
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to raising awareness of diversity principles
- Serves as a role model for current and future CPAs through mentorship, coaching or other types of volunteer work in the community
- The Impact Award recognizes a VSCPA member who has made a recent contribution to the advancement of the profession with innovation & disruption in the areas of technology, talent, learning, advocacy or student activities.
Outstanding Member Award
2020: Mike Gracik Jr., CPA, Keiter
2019: Vivian Paige, CPA, Old Dominion University, Norfolk
2018: Harry Dickinson, CPA, Bishop, Farmer & Co., Fredericksburg
2017: Gary Thomson, CPA, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Richmond
2016: Jim Shepherd, CPA, Verus Financial Partners, Richmond
2015: John Renner, CPA, Renner & Co., Alexandria
Ruth Coles Harris Advancing Diversity & Inclusion Award
2020: Patricia Drolet, CPA, Councilor, Buchanan & Mitchell, P.C.
2019: Dr. Ruth Coles Harris
2020: Louise Reed, CPA, Afloat, Inc.
2019: Jim Cole, CPA, Masonic Home of Virginia, Richmond
Top 5 Members Under 35 Award
2020: William Barber Jr., CPA, PFS, Foundation Companies, LLC
Brian Benson, CPA, Ernst & Young
John Reynolds, CPA, Block.one LLC
Lauren Sipple, CPA, CGFM, KPMG
John Waters, CPA, Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C.
2019: Asif Charania, CPA, Keiter, Glen Allen
JJ Edmunds, CPA, PBMares, Richmond
Genevieve Hancock, CPA, Brown and Brown Insurance, Daytona Beach, Fla.
Beth Seger, CPA, Berkeley Research Group, Washington
LaKrisha Watson, CPA, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Richmond
2018: Tommy Blackburn, CPA, Verus Financial Partners, Richmond
Carman Faison, CPA, Mitchell, Wiggins & Co., Petersburg
Kellie Fedkenheuer, CPA, Cotton & Co., Alexandria
Brandon Pope, CPA, Keiter, Glen Allen
Jonny Rosch, CPA, PBMares, Warrenton
2017: Richard Groover, CPA, Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, Norfolk
Stephen Kimberlin, CPA, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Richmond
Nick Preusch, CPA, PBMares, Fredericksburg
Brett Sinsabaugh, CPA, Keiter, Glen Allen
Lauren Soles, CPA, Vaco Richmond
2016: Melisa Galasso, CPA, Cherry Bekaert, Charlotte, N.C.
Bo Garner, CPA, PBMares, Newport News
Keith Gray, CPA, Arlington Family Offices, Birmingham, Ala.
Carolanne Petrusiak, CPA, PBMares, Fairfax
Aditya Yerramilli, CPA, Google, Mountain View, Calif.
2015: Brian Burns, CPA, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Glen Allen
Bryan Campbell, CPA, Dixon Hughes Goodman, Norfolk
Brian Deibler, CPA, Malvin, Riggins & Co., Newport News
Aaron Peters, CPA, LivingSocial, Washington
Kim Ruiz, CPA, LivingSocial, Washington