CPA Day of Service: Sign Up to Volunteer Friday, Sept. 22, 2017!
Hosted by the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA), this single day of volunteer service represents the CPA profession's ongoing commitment to serving the communities where its professionals live and work.
Approximately 700 people volunteer statewide each year and work at volunteer locations encompassing a variety of organizations and including both indoor and outdoor projects. Some organizations with CPA volunteers include Honor Flights, Central Virginia Food Bank, BARK, James River Park System, The Arc and many more. We encourage you to volunteer for a community organization of your choice. You can choose to participate as an individual, group or firm. Commit to a whole day of volunteering, or just a few hours — it's up to you!
This year's CPA Day of Service will take place on Friday, Sept. 22, 2017.
Follow these six easy steps to participate in the CPA Day of Service:
1. Choose a Cause — Choose an organization to volunteer with. You can choose an organization you may already be involved with or feel free to check out our list of organizations.
2. Contact Charity Organization — Contact your chosen charity or organization to find out what volunteer opportunities they have on Sept. 22. Then start to plan your event. Keep in mind some charities/organizations have a maximum capacity for the amount of volunteers they are able to hold for one specific event. Please make sure to find out the best way you can help them specifically.
3. Register by Monday, Sept. 18 — Please officially register for CPA Day of Service. If you have any questions about registration, please contact Member Engagement Manager Laura Cobb, CAE, at email@example.com or (804) 612-9441. Everyone registered by Monday, Sept. 18 will be entered to win one of two $50 AMEX gift cards to use for your activity!
5. Confirm Your Event — Confirm your event with the charity and make sure everything is in place. As your event is confirmed, please let us know what your plans are and we will share them on our social media channels!
6. Share Your Pictures and Videos — We encourage you to take pictures or videos and utilize social media at your service event.
- Instagram your service: Upload a picture or video to Instagram from your phone of your CPA Day of Service action. Use the hashtag #CPAService.
- Tweet about it: Tweet to the official VSCPA Twitter handle @VSCPANews or use the hashtag #CPAService.
- Show it off on Facebook: Show your CPA Day of Service pride by sharing photos of your service in action on the VSCPA’s Facebook page.
- All other photos & videos: We still want all other pictures and videos! Please submit all photos and video clips to Laura Cobb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the video below to hear what volunteers from 2013 CPA Day of Service had to say:
Questions? For more information on CPA Day of Service, contact VSCPA Member Engagement Manager Laura Cobb at email@example.com or (804) 612-9441.