Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
In addition to its chief legislative charge to protect the CPA profession and designation in Virginia, the VSCPA will tackle the following legislative/regulatory agenda on an ongoing basis:
Advocate for automatic conformity of Virginia’s tax code with the federal tax code.
- Advocate for CPAs on state legislative and regulatory matters, including but not limited to promoting sound tax policy, preventing duplicative licensure requirements and protecting the important services CPAs offer.
- Support financial literacy education, including the mandatory one-credit course graduation requirement in Virginia high schools.
- Support the continued independence and expertise of the Virginia Board of Accountancy.
- Advocate for CPAs on federal legislative and regulatory issues, including but not limited to tax preparer registration, tax strategy patents and private company financial reporting.
- Support and promote practice mobility among all states.
For more information on these agenda items, contact VSCPA Vice President of Advocacy Emily Walker, CAE, at (804) 612-9428.