Online Learning: Get Plugged In
Webcasts/Webinars: Online, On Time
Webcasts/webinars are a convenient, affordable option that allow you to complete CPE from anywhere you have online access. They are live broadcasts of group-study seminars over the Internet. That means that you attend the same course hours, take the same breaks, earn the same CPE credits and ask questions just like classroom attendees — only you attend classes from your computer, wherever you have access.
Browse the extensive lists of webcasts/webinars available to VSCPA members below:
- VSCPA Webinars — The VSCPA offers a monthly tax webinar series during which you can earn valuable CPE credit while staying on top of major tax issues. In addition, we've partnered with the California Society of CPAs to offer webcasts to our members. Leading experts deliver the hottest topics straight to your desktop. It's the easiest, fastest and most convenient way to stay current. Click on the links below to browse the webcasts.
- Accounting Continuing Professional Education Network (ACPEN) — ACPEN webcasts typically contain live video and are available in lengths from one to eight hours. You will find more eight-hour webcasts available from ACPEN, so if you're looking for a full-day webcast, this should be your first stop.
- CPA Crossings — CPA Crossings offers an extensive catalog of “live” web-based CPE programs produced and delivered by CPA Crossings, LLC, or by one of its approved webinar course developers. The 2013 catalog consists of over 50 topics specializing in the areas of technology, practice management, workflow automation, tax, ethics, fraud and accounting/auditing.
- Surgent McCoy — Explore the latest tax topics in convenient, bite-sized sessions with these two-hour webinars. Plus, with Surgent McCoy’s attractive pricing model, the more people you can assemble for a webinar, the less expensive it gets.
Please note that webcasts/webinars are more likely to be less stable on mobile devices.
If you have technical questions, please visit the appropriate web page for technical support: ACPEN, CPA Crossings or Surgent McCoy.
Online Self-Study: Online, Any Time
As an online self-study participant, you'll enjoy the freedom to take courses anytime, wherever you have computer access. You'll also benefit from downloadable course materials, instantly graded exams and easy CPE credit tracking.
SmartPros Ltd. is a registered sponsor of continuing professional education with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) offering discounted online learning subscriptions for VSCPA members.
To register for any SmartPros subscription, please visit our online Professional Education Center. Once purchased, please follow SmartPros' directions for taking courses online.
Surgent McCoy Self-Study CPE offers more than 200 unique course options, ranging from 2-20 credit hours, in a variety of formats to meet your needs. Check out the money-saving self-study packages. Their best seller, the Comprehensive CPE Library, includes a one-year subscription to 116 courses and more than 600 hours of CPE — all for only $469 for the first user and $169 for each additional user. It's a great deal for firms!
See the entire catalog of Surgent McCoy courses and find registration instructions at www.cpenow.com.
Practice Management Institute Online Learning — The VSCPA has collaborated with the Succession Institute to provide our members with substantial discounts on a variety of CPE courses, grouped by topics such as:
- Advisory and consulting services
- Organization and performance (succession planning, practice management, small firm practice management)
- Owner agreements
- People and skills development
For more information, click here.
Online Learning Transfer & Cancellation
Please note that the VSCPA's standard transfer and cancellation policies do not apply to SmartPros, ACPEN, CPE Link, CPA Crossings or Surgent McCoy. Please contact SmartPros, CPA Crossings and/or ACPEN directly regarding transfers or cancellations. Call (800) 341-8189 for Surgent McCoy questions.